Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why cant u eat popcorn with braces?

whats the big deal?
Answer:
Because the hull from the kernel gets up under the wires and is difficult to get out, plus a really hard kernel can break the glue off a post
kernals stick into your braces which is an extreme pain to remove. Ask your doctor for dental floss for braces, there is a special kind that is used for flossing.
The hulls may get caught in the braces and you may not be able to get it out. Just an FYI my son does not strictly follow the orthodontists rules but that doesn't mean you should do the same without talking to your parents first. I am willing to accept responsiblity for what might happen but your parents may not.
Can you?? Sure! If you don't mind spending the next hour cleaning your braces.
You could also break off a bracket or two when biting anything hard.
It's bad enough eating popcorn WITHOUT braces. I haven't tried it, but I can only imagine the time it would take to clean the hulls out from between my teeth, stuck behind the brackets, etc.Flossing's a pain in the *** as it is - I wouldn't want to add to the burden.Plus it's possible that if you bite into one that has a whole kernel it might dislodge one of your brackets. That could suck.I managed to do that when I was eating Oreo cereal. I got greedy and tried to chew more than one at a time and popped that sucker right off.
I had braces and you can eat popcorn as long as you get the special flossers. You need the flossers anyway so why not live it up?
You can but it gets easily STUCK in the braces and is hard to get out. If you are great at brushing and flossing then go ahead and eat it if you cant live without it. But if you dont brush well or floss dont eat anything that will stick to your teeth and braces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net