Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why do dentists make you take antibiotics every time you get a tooth pulled?

I had a wisdom tooth pulled and was on amoxicillan for a week then a molar next to it and am on penecillan for a week. What a pain! And now I have a head cold to boot! Geesh!
Answer:
They don't always make you take antibiotics after every extraction. Only when it is indicated.
But you are right! It is not a good thing to take antibiotics needlessly. There are problems with them. But what a wonderful thing it is when you need them.
Because like any other form of surgery, there is always a risk of infection. Therefore antibiotics.
Because there's a gaping hole in your mouth. That's an open door for bacteria and other foreign objects to move in and cause an infection. Antibiotics help prevent those infections.
To prevent infection.When I had a wisdom tooth pulled, I had to take an antibiotic before I had it pulled because I had an infection in the tooth.
so u won't get infection
Without the antibiotics, you risk infection that would be far mor painfull and possibly deadly.
Want prevent you from getting an infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net