Sunday, October 25, 2009

When you get braces....when do u get them tighted,,,,?

like in how many weeks after you first get them on do u go get them tighted!
Answer:
Normally, it's about 4-5 weeks. That's how it is where I work and when I had braces my appointments were always about a month apart. You'll get moved up into bigger wires and that is what makes it feel tight.
I guess it depends on what dentist you go to.. But after I got my braces I went 2 weeks after to get them tightend!
I first got mine tightened about a month after i first got them on. Now it's become a regular thing were i go up to the orthodentists every month to get them tightened. After you get them tightened it will be sore for the next couple of days and you will probably be limited to the things you can eat (i could only eat soup whilst my teeth were sore). Sometimes aswell after you get them tightened they might start rubbing against the inside of you mouth. Your orthodentist will supply you with some wax or something to put on the brackets to prevent it from rubbing.Hope this helps!
after about 5-6 weeks.
You get them tightened every 4-6 weeks but sometimes they may make them sooner. You might also go in earlier if something goes wrong with ur braces (wire comes out, etc). You have to have at least 4-6 weeks before re-tightening so that your teeth can have time to move.
Usually every 4/5/6 weeks. Just had my first 'tightening' yesterday, it was 7 weeks since my brace day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net