Sunday, October 25, 2009

When you get your braces off, does the retainer hurt?

Im getting my braces off june 7th and i have a trip the next day, will the retainer hurt?
Answer:
The retainer doesn't really hurt at all, it's just more uncomfortable than anything...since you aren't used to it. I had a little trouble talking with it in, you just sound different. after wearing it for awhile you'll get used to it though. I Had those clear plastic retainers, but for my top teeth the retainer didn't really do its job. My top teeth starting shifting back so what they had to do is put braces back on my top teeth for a few months to get them back where they were and then they gave me a permanent retainer which i advise you get. That way you don't even have to worry about it. Good Luck!
Only if you try to put it in after not wearing it for a while. Otherwise, it's not like having the braces tightened, which I remember very well was pretty uncomfortable. Now, you're just trying to maintain your alignment.I have two permanents and they've never bothered me.
No it doesn't hurt, not like when you had to get the braces tightened. It is more annoying than anything, it makes you talk weird and you have to take it out when eating. A little advice though, don't stop using it. It is what keeps your teeth straight after the braces come off. I didn't and my teeth slipped back to where they were before I got braces and my parents were so mad at me because I waisted all that money.
If its the permanent one it does for a few days and if its the one that can come out it doesn't hurt but it feels funny for the first couple of days until you are used to it.
No, it didn't hurt. Just wear them all the time or as long as your Ortho recommends. Don't want them shifting. =) If you miss a day, your teeth might be sore when you put them back in. But nope, didn't hurt other than that. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. My retainer doesn't hurt me. If I go a couple days of not wearing it and then wear it again it feels kind of tight but it's fine by morning. I need to get mine tightened actually but my orthodontist quit so I don't know where to go.

    http://www.reedorthodonticsnaples.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

vc .net