Saturday, October 31, 2009

Which is better, a removable dentures or fixed bridge and why?

which is easier to maintain? which will not cause bad breath?
Answer:
If thou are replacing only one tooth then you need to think seriously about and implant and a crown as a first choice. Next would be a Nesbitt Partial and finally a fixed bridge. If you are replacing more than one tooth I would recommend implants and crowns first, followed by a fixed bridge and then a partial. Here's my reasoning.1 tooth...implant %26 crown is most like the real thing; Nesbitt is easily removed to clean and doesn't require doing anything to more teeth; fixed bridge requires preparing the teeth on either side of the space which can lead to further problems. 2 or more teeth.again implants %26 crowns is most like the real thing; fixed bridge will be the next best thing to be almost like real teeth; the partial will be easy to clean but you will notice a definite lack of chewing ability not to mention an inconvenience in learning to talk and food debris getting under it.
Fixed bridge is nicer because you have your pallette (sp) and it feels like your real teeth. You don't have to soak them like dentures, and there is less chance of infections or irritations underneath.
Perhaps fixed bridge? It may cause you a fortune depending on how many tooth you need to restore. Having fixed bridge is the same as having you tooth back ie you do not need high maintenance as with dentures. But you should note that fixed bridge involves drilling your good tooth as well (for the suuport) so you might want to think about that. My brother has fixed bridges and his teeth looks gorgeous. Im 21 and I have a crown (almost similar with bridge) for my front tooth and most people dont notice it. I dont see any bad breath problems can arise from having a bridge. Just take good care of them as if they're ur original tooth
Hi there! My teeth were always AWFUL... I brushed and flossed...and still lost way too many! Now I have a partial plate and crowns. I HATE my partial... but it IS easy to clean. If I'd had the money, I would have gone for a fixed bridge and/or implants. The partial looks nice... but food gets under it and that really irritates me. Bad breath is a matter of oral hygiene PLUS a poor diet! Your tongue...believe it or not... is the source of a lot of bad breath. Good luck! Hugs, Gina C.

1 comment:

  1. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. Building Partition Supplier

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

vc .net