Saturday, October 31, 2009

Which job has a better pay: Respiratory Therapists or Dental Hygienists?

Also, how much does a Dental Dental Hygienists get pay with an associated degree? And which community college has an easy Dental Hygienists program to graduate?
Answer:
Respiratory therapists get paid more than dental hygienists.
I put your question into google.com and the salary levels can be found at http://www.payscale.com/research/us/job=...http://www.payscale.com/research/us/job=...The nature of the work and training for each one can be found at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos084.htm...http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos097.htm...
Don't know what respiratory therapists make, but I am a dental hygienist and I work for a state that has one of the lowest pays for hygienists however my pay is not bad. I work salary per day which means if patients cancel or dont show I get paid some hygienists work commission see lots of patients and make more. However, working on salary I get more time to spend with patients and don't have to rush. $300 dollars a day is good for my state but I know many hygienists in other states make more. I work only 4 days a week 8-12/2-5. I can always work less, many hygienists work 2-3 days a week. However, many hygienists burn out quickly b/c the work can be very repetitive.
Oh, I have an associates degree. Bachelors and Associate pay will be the same. You just learn the same amount in less time w/ associate degree. The only reason to have a Bachelors right now in dental hygiene is if you plan to go on and get your masters to teach or do other types of work in dental hygiene for a company like Crest or etc.
None of the dental hygiene programs will be easy, if they are it will probably put you at a disadvantage for board exams.

1 comment:

  1. Order a Sparkling White Smiles Custom Teeth Whitening System online and enjoy BIG SAVINGS!
    * 10 shades whiter in days!
    * Results Are Guaranteed.
    * As good as your dentist.
    * Same strength Teeth Whitening Gel as dentists use.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

vc .net