Saturday, October 31, 2009

Which do you think stains your teeth more: smoking, coffee, or soda?

i don't do any of these things in excess but i want to know which i should cut out (besides for other health benefits) to help my teeth be brighter.
Answer:
They all leave yellow to brown stains. The smoking can lead to gingival recession (your gums pulling away from your teeth, essentially); the coffee anybody drinks is a big cup, or multiples cups, which don't help the staining or halitosis; and the soda is loaeded with sugar eating away at your enamel.Use a straw with any of them, it will help, not stop, staining. And rinse your mouth out after any of them. Personally, I rinse my mouth out in the morning, then drink my coffee and brush my teeth afterwards.
smoking. they dont only stain your teeth but they mess up your jaw too
i would say smoking. i used to smoke and had more trouble getting the stains off.
I would have to say that smoking stains your teeth more.
It is a toss up between smoking and coffee. I clean teeth for a living and they can both be very hard to remove at times.
I was told by a dental assistant that the phosphorous in soft drinks causes more damage to your teeth than sugar (even the diet drinks). I don't know if this is true or not. For your health cutting out smoking would be the best. It is a hard thing to quit, but so are coffee and soft drinks. Good luck in whatever you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net