Saturday, October 31, 2009

Which is much better for Dental Prostheses, having a fixed bridge or Partial denture?

I'm only 22 y/o and I recently had a tooth extraction. The dentist gave me two options, having a fixed bridge (aka. "jacket" in the Philippines) or a false teeth. I'm in dilemma in choosing between the two. Which one do you guys prefer and why? Any pros and cons? thanks a lot!
Answer:
Fixed bridge is better.
I've had a fixed bridge for more than ten years and other than cleaning beneath it, it's the same as a real tooth. I had a tooth that failed to develop and because of TMJ I was advised to have orthodontics and the bridge. A partial is removal, perhaps easily damaged or lost.
Go with the fixed bridge or see if you're a canidate for a dental implant.
When at all possible, keep the teeth! A good dentist will not extract a good tooth. In your case, I would recommend a second opinion. If that dentist concurs, I would opt for the fixed bridge. (I wish I had a dollar for every hour I have spent in the dentist chair!)
I would get the bridge done because a partical denture is not very functional. It is really just for looks. You can't really even eat with it. The best thing to do would be to have an implant done. You should talk to your dentist about doing the implant.

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like an alternative to randomly picking up girls and trying to find out the right thing to say...

    If you'd rather have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded pubs and nightclubs...

    Then I encourage you to watch this eye-opening video to learn a amazing little secret that can literally get you your very own harem of beautiful women:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

vc .net